- You are here:
- Home >
Lionel Town, Clarendon
- Pets allowed
- Food & drinks allowed
- Cooking allowed
- Surveyed by: Caribbean Coastal Area Management Foundation
- Survey date & time: 15th January, 2019, 6:35pm
- Beach: Beauchamp
- Other names: Knightis
- Closest town: Lionel Town, Clarendon
- Beach length: 150.00 m
- Fishing beach: Yes
- Fish vending: Not sure
- Commercial activity level: No commercial activity
- Swimming/bathing beach: Not sure
- Protected area: Portland Bight Protected Area
- Opening hours: Always open
- Busiest day of the week: Sunday
- Crowd size on typical days: Not sure
- Crowd size on busiest days: 0 - 20
- Beach type: Fishing Beach, i.e. designated by government as one where fishers can bring in the catch and boats
- Property owner: Unknown
- Property manager: Unknown
- Management arrangement: Unknown
Fees & Facilities
- Entrance fees: None
- Changing room: No
- Running water: No
- Toilet: No
- Parking: No parking
- Food & Drinks: Yes - both food and drink
- Cooking: Yes
- Pets: Yes
Activities & Behaviour
- Boat repair/storage
- Family environment: No - No lifeguard or security, Isolated location
- Alcohol: Alcohol allowed
- Smoking: Smoking allowed
- Parties: Not a party venue
- Harassment issues: 0 out of 5 rating - No harassment issues reported.
- Illegal activities: None reported.
Structures & Dwellings
- Informal settlements: 6 identified
- Offshore structures:
- None observed
- Domestic animals: No domestic animals are on the beach.
- Sea turtle nests: Not sure
- Sea turtle poaching: None reported
- Other animals: Sea birds;
- Vegetation coverage: About 80% coverage observed.
- Vegetation Categories:
- Beach vines
- Vegetation names: Red Mangrove
- Vegetation clearing: No evidence of the vegetation being cleared.
- Seagrass coverage: None observed in the nearshore
- Sargassum issues: About 20% coverage observed on the beach or in the nearshore
- Sand color: Black
- Sand texture: Fine
- Sand dunes: There are sand dunes less than 3 feet with about 80% covered with vegetation.
- Evidence of beach erosion:
- Sewage & wastewater treatment: No sewage/wastewater management necessary
- Evidence of Marine Pollution: No nearshore pollution observed.
- Water quality monitoring: Yes
- Drainage features:
- Drainage state:
- Garbage bins: There are no bins available.
- Cleanliness: Scored 3 out of 5 for cleanliness.
- Fish cleaning on the beach: Fish are cleaned on the beach/ in the water and fish waste is left in the environment
- Responsible for beach cleanliness: No one
- Garbage management:
- Garbage is burnt in the open
- Garbage collection frequency: None