- You are here:
- Home >
Blacks Bay Bathing Beach
Blacks Bay Bathing Beach
- Parking available
- Pets allowed
- Changing rooms available
- Food & drinks allowed
- Cooking allowed
- Surveyed by: Bluefields Bay Fishermen's Friendly Society
- Survey date & time: 2nd December, 2018, 5:05am
- Beach: Blacks Bay Bathing Beach
- Closest town: Savanna-La-Mar, Westmoreland
- Beach length: 100.00 yd
- Fishing beach: yes
- Fish vending: Yes
- Commercial activity level: Moderate levels of commercial activity
- Swimming/bathing beach: Yes
- Opening hours: Always open
- Busiest day of the week: Sunday
- Crowd size on typical days: 51-100
- Crowd size on busiest days: More than 100
- Beach type: Private beach (privately owned/leased, no access to the general public)
- Property owner: National Environment and Planning Agency
- Property owner contact:
- Name: National Environment and Planning Agency
- Phone: (876) 754-7540
- Property manager: No One
- Management arrangement: Unknown
Fees & Facilities
- Entrance fees: None
- Changing room: Yes
- Running water: yes
- Toilet: yes
- Parking: Yes (less than 10 cars)
- Food & Drinks: Yes - both food and drink
- Cooking: Yes
- Pets: Yes
Activities & Behaviour
- Boat repair/storage
- Land-based sport (football, volleyball, etc.)
- Family environment: Yes - You can take your family on this beach for a cookout.
- Alcohol: Alcohol allowed
- Smoking: Smoking allowed
- How often: Once or twice per year
- Party days:
- Weekends only
- Public Holidays
- Harassment issues: 0 out of 5 rating - No harassment issues reported.
- Illegal activities: None reported.
Structures & Dwellings
- Informal settlements: 3 identified
- Offshore structures:
- None observed
- Domestic animals: Dogs
- Sea turtle nests: Yes
- Sea turtle poaching: None reported
- Other animals: Birds
- Vegetation coverage: About 10% coverage observed.
- Vegetation Categories:
- Vegetation names: Seaside Mahoe
- Vegetation clearing: No evidence of the vegetation being cleared.
- Seagrass coverage: None observed in the nearshore
- Sargassum issues: About 10% coverage observed on the beach or in the nearshore
- Sand color: White
- Sand texture: Fine
- Sand dunes: None observed.
- Evidence of beach erosion: There is no evidence of beach erosion.
- Sewage & wastewater treatment: Soak-away pit
- Evidence of Marine Pollution: No nearshore pollution observed.
- Water quality monitoring: No
- Drainage features:
- Drainage state: None
- Garbage bins: There are no bins available.
- Cleanliness: Scored 4 out of 5 for cleanliness.
- Fish cleaning on the beach: Fish are cleaned on the beach/ in the water and fish waste is left in the environment
- Responsible for beach cleanliness: The business people clean the beach
- Garbage management:
- Garbage collection by NSWMA
- Garbage collection frequency: Once per week